Re: set tex-dvi-view-command under windows

From: Thilo A. Coblenzer
Subject: Re: set tex-dvi-view-command under windows
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:30:11 +0100

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@is.elta.co.il> schrieb:
> > From: "Thilo A. Coblenzer" <Post@Coblenzer.de>
> > Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 19:26:10 +0100
> >
> > I just try to get GNU Emacs working with LaTeX under Windows 2000. I use
> > MiKTeX as LaTeX-Distribution. My problem is setting the
> > tex-dvi-view-command. I tried the following line in my .emacs-file:
> > (setq tex-dvi-view-command "yap")
> > The program yap is in the path. But I think the problem is the "\" from
> > Windows and the "/" from Unix and of course the "&". When I do an "C-c
C-v"
> > I get this message from yap:
> > "c:\AllgA.dvi: DVI file does not exist." But the file I want to open is:
> > C:\AllgA Formalesammlung\AllgA.dvi
> >
> > Can you tell me the correct syntax?
>
> Try using the short 8+3 alias of "AllgA Formalesammlung", probably
> something like "allgaf~1".
>
> And no, forward slashes have nothing to do with your trouble, Windows
> supports them just as well as it does backslashes.  It's the blank in
> the file name that causes it to fail.
OK, your right. It works when there are no blanks in the absolut filename.
Now, I use a file in c:\AllgAFormelsammlung. After C-c C-v I get this in the
shell-buffer:
c:\AllgAFormelsammlung>yap c:/AllgAFormelsammlung/AllgA.dvi&
yap c:/AllgAFormelsammlung/AllgA.dvi&

But yap doesn't start direktly. First I have to close emcas - then yap
starts!

How can I solve this Problem? Is there something loke the "&" for Windows?

Thanks
   Thilo