Re: xml indenting, possibly with psgml?

From: Jim Crossley
Subject: Re: xml indenting, possibly with psgml?
Date: 06 Dec 2002 10:55:52 -0500

Bjoern <p1@blinker.net> writes:

> I can't figure out how to make psgml indent my xml-files. It just
> doesn't do anything when I press 'tab' or do 'indent-region'.

M-x customize-variable RET sgml-indent-data

> I also get an error message because it doesn't find the dtd, can't I
> get rid of that. I guess I really only need indenting and possibly
> syntax highlighting.

You'll only get that error once (the first time it attempts to
parse).  You can live with it (and still derive benefit from
indentation, etc) or you can create a local CATALOG file that contains
the DTD references you commonly use.  I highly recommend this article:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-emacs/

> Perhaps there is a simpler mode for achieving this?

Not really.

> Bjoern

Jim