Re: any Emacs features to help keep code/comments under 80 columns width

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: any Emacs features to help keep code/comments under 80 columns width?
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 14:17:46 +0100

ken <ken@cleveland.lug.net> writes:

> What you say makes sense now that I think about it.  I can't remember
> who it was who gave me the advice... I've been using it for years.
> Haven't had a problem.

Yes, I didn't expect you would.  It seems that text-mode-hook has no
other entries by default.

But there are other mode hooks which do have other entries by
default, so using setq to override the old value does bad things.

But it was only luck that it worked for text mode, so that's why I
issued the warning.