Re: Emacs - xemacs question

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Emacs - xemacs question
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 22:08:29 +0100

Urban Gabor <gabaux@freemail.hu> writes:

> The emacs works properly as I have set in the config file
> (line-number mode, K&R style in C/C++ mode, etc). Though
> Xemacs uses the same settings, it is not working the same.

Recent versions of XEmacs read ~/.xemacs/init.el (and some other
files) if it exists, instead of ~/.emacs.  Does this help?

I'm fishing in the dark.  If this does not help, please provide more
data, such as Emacs and XEmacs versions, CC mode versions in both
cases, contents of ~/.emacs and of other init files, description of
the different behavior.

kai