Re: Cygwin emacs spikes load on bootup

From: j.t.
Subject: Re: Cygwin emacs spikes load on bootup
Date: 21 Nov 2002 05:55:16 -0800

Tim Babin <tbabin@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message
news:<uzns4jkh5.fsf@nortelnetworks.com>...
> I've also tried to start emacs with the -q option.
> This did not help.
>
> Tim

There are some discussions on cygwin mailing list about this issue,
you should go and take a look. Basically, the latest released
cygwin.dll (?) has some problem (there is also saying they
cygwin-emacs binary has some problem that might be related). There are
some cygwin.dll snapshots in the past week avaiable that reportedly
fixed the problem (an infinite loop somewhere), but I will just wait
untill the next cygwin release, and use NT-emacs in the meantime.

j.t.