Re: Newbie: Changing colours

From: John McCabe
Subject: Re: Newbie: Changing colours
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:49:54 GMT

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:00:19 +0000, Stewart Gordon
<smjg_1998@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Using Emacs 21.1.1, Solaris.
>
>I've finally figured out how to set the foreground and background
>colour.  However, there are a few things I'm still not sure about:
>
>- How do I select a colour by RGB value, other than by entering it on
>the command line?

See http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SetColor - you can't
interactively use RGB values.

>- Why won't it allow me to use #fff7e9 as a background, even though it's
>the system colour for window background?

See above.

>- How do I set the syntax highlighting colours?

Try:

M-x customize-group<return>
font-lock-highlighting-faces<return>

You should then be able to look at all the faces (e.g.
font-lock-comment-face etc) and change the colours to whatever you
like.