Re: password shows on emacs as a shell

From: Luigi
Subject: Re: password shows on emacs as a shell
Date: 8 Nov 2002 11:29:45 -0800

> you are using emacs but you don't understand how to configure it?  that
> sounds painful -- you should probably start reading the documentation.

You are right, theoretically.
I would like to study documentation (and I do, sometimes), but it
turns out that such documentation is huge, and mostly it gives for
granted that you know some lisp (I think it is a computer language),
unix (it is a miracle if I succeeded in installing my linux, and still
I can't use floppy and cd-rom...), and many other things.
I would like to have time and study, but I can't.
Emacs is to me just a simple tool: I use it to write letters to wife,
friends,...
Imagine it is like an electric-drill: you use it to make holes, but
you do not have the skill to disassemble and reassemble it. At least,
I couldn't, myself.
This is why I asked for some help.
And this is why I'm so grateful to you all.

Luigi

P.S. I was suggested by a friend to give commands inside emacs,
instead of using a simple shell: this way I can save all the commands
and computer messages so that if I need help I can provide the log of
all I dit.
This is why I tried to use emacs as a shell.