Re: Mac OS X smtpmail "encryption too weak"

From: Gilbert Harman
Subject: Re: Mac OS X smtpmail "encryption too weak"
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 07:57:35 -0400

On 10/26/02 6:49 AM, "Simon Josefsson" <jas@extundo.com> wrote:

> If you frob `smtpmail-debug-info', how do the trace buffer look?  Is
> STARTTLS activated? Are authentication used?  Do you know exactly what
> the server requires, in terms of security level?

I don't know how to answer your last question.  This is what the trace
buffer looks like, after "pleased to meet you":

250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-EXPN
250-VERB
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 12288000
250-DSN
250-ETRN
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
250-STARTTLS
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
MAIL FROM: <harman@princeton.edu> SIZE=318
503 5.7.0 encryption too weak 0 less than 39
QUIT