Re: can't tag module w/ PCL-CVS in Emacs 21.2

From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: can't tag module w/ PCL-CVS in Emacs 21.2
Date: 22 Oct 2002 23:03:53 -0400

> You honor me, and normally I would accept such an offer, but the
> section 'About PCL-CVS' seems pretty clear as I re-read it.  It is
> concise in that PCL-CVS is a replacement for VC-dired (note the
> 'dired', not the entire VC).

In that case...

> However, I do wonder what the 'PCL' means.

I can't give you an authoritative answer, but the original author
is Per Cederqvist and I have always assumed that it explained the
P and the C, although the L is still a mystery.

> However, after simplifying my setup by ensuring use of only one
> executable in one location with a minimal path and using 'emacs
> --no-init-file', making a dummy repository on the local hard drive (d:)
> and avoiding the :server: method, " *cvs-tmp*" reports...

> cvs.exe tag: nothing known about pads
> cvs.exe [tag aborted]: correct the above errors first!

Is that the complete content of ` *cvs-tmp*' ?
What was the command executed (and more generally the content of *cvs*) ?

> ...tagging works fine with bash or even the native OS 'cmd.exe' thus...
> /cygdrive/d/tools/cygwin/bin/cvs -f tag -c bashtag2  <- ala bash
> d:\tools\cygwin\bin\cvs tag -c cmd_exetag1           <- ala cmd.exe

IIRC, PCL-CVS puts a dot over there, so could you try out
`cvs -f tag bashtag2 .' ?

        Stefan