Re: S-up and emacs -nw?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: S-up and emacs -nw?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:01:23 +0000

Fredrik Staxeng <fstx+u@update.uu.se> wrote on 20 Oct 2002 19:10:10 +0200:

> There seems to be a sizeable number of people still running in tty
> mode. I guess about 1% of those run on actual terminals, the rest are
> runnning various terminal emulators.

I'm one of these people who use an actual terminal (a Linux tty), and I
do so by choice.  Long may that choice continue!  X (even under
ratpoison) has too many garish distractions for my tastes.  I saw a
survey somewhere (it was referred to from somewhere in
<http://www.heisse.de/> that of free software developers, 8% use a text
console (as opposed to a GUI).

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)