Re: autocompletion.

From: ken
Subject: Re: autocompletion.
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:40:13 -0400 (EDT)

Before setting a key like below, I always do "C-h k" then hit the key
combo I'm planning to map.  This tells me what, if anything, might
already be mapped to the specified key combo.  In the case of "C-/"
emacs tells me that:

<emacs>
C-/ runs the command undo
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `simple'.
(undo &optional ARG)

Undo some previous changes.
Repeat this command to undo more changes.
A numeric argument serves as a repeat count.

Just C-u as argument requests selective undo,
limited to changes within the current region.
Likewise in Transient Mark mode when the mark is active.
</emacs>

This means that the mapping below would overwrite a really handy key
combo. :<

hth,
ken

--
AMD crashes?  See http://cleveland.lug.net/~ken/amd-problem/.

Spake quasi at 21:46 (UTC+0530) on Thu, 10 Oct 2002:

= On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:16:08 +0200, Jonas Steverud