Re: letting *Man xxx* buffers appear when burying other buffers

From: David Forrest
Subject: Re: letting *Man xxx* buffers appear when burying other buffers
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 22:10:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Daniel Barclay wrote:

> In GNU Emacs 20.7.2, the bury-buffer command treats manual-page
> buffers (e.g., *Man xxx*) inconsistently.

My solution isn't quite on topic, but I use

(defun raise-buffer ()
  "Raise the most-buried (per bury-buffer) buffer"
  (interactive)
  (switch-to-buffer (car(last(buffer-list)))))

As the inverse of bury-buffer to get around things like this.

I think what you are seeing is that the *man XXX* buffer is of a different
class than normal files, and looks like *scratch* *completions* ... and
are at the bottom of the list.

--
 Dave Forrest    (434)924-3954w(111B) (804)642-0662h (804)695-2026p
 drf5n@virginia.edu             http://mug.sys.virginia.edu/~drf5n/