moving edt emulation from emacs to xemacs - not trivial?

From: Jeff W
Subject: moving edt emulation from emacs to xemacs - not trivial?
Date: 9 Oct 2002 12:26:19 -0700

I have a customized emacs environment based on edt-emulation-mode  (I
know, I know, but it's built into my right hand from years of use).  I
would think I could just run xemacs and it would work - but xemacs 21
doesn't seem to like edt-emulation-mode.  On our solaris machine it
comes up as a bad init command, on our linux machine (same revision),
it ignores my mapper file.

Am I out of luck here?
/j