Re: MULE shows gibberish; now what?

From: Peter J. Acklam
Subject: Re: MULE shows gibberish; now what?
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 09:27:46 GMT

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) wrote:

> What is the value of the variable coding-category-list?  Is
> coding-category-utf-8 mentioned in that list?  Maybe it helps to
> add this near the beginning of the list?

Actually, coding-category-utf-8 is the last element in the list,
but placing it first, or even letting coding-category-utf-8 be the
only element in coding-category-list doesn't help.  The buffer
still ends up as "Unibyte no-conversion buffer".

Placing "-*- coding: iso-8859-1; -*-" at the top of the file does
the trick, but I'd prefer it to happen automatically.

Peter

--
No electrons used in the production of this message were harmed or
mistreated in any manner.