tramp: password prompt

From: Michael P. Soulier
Subject: tramp: password prompt
Date: 19 Sep 2002 23:15:36 GMT

    Hey people.

    I'm having some problems with tramp. If I'm using ssh-agent to supply the
passcode on the key, I have no problems since there's no password prompt.
However, the way I'm using it, I typically get prompted for the passcode on
the key I've installed on the remote server:

ie.

[msoulier@tigger msoulier]$ ssh rabbit
Enter passphrase for RSA key '/home/msoulier/.ssh/identity':

    Tramp does not prompt me when this prompt comes up, it just times out.
Also, I often get prompted twice when I am at work, once for the passcode,
once for the remote user password.

    Is there a way to configure tramp to pick up these prompts and permit me
to respond?

    Thanks,
    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix