NTEmacs:Problems using C-c C-c when in shell mode using plink ssh to

From: andrew
Subject: NTEmacs:Problems using C-c C-c when in shell mode using plink ssh to a unix box
Date: 18 Sep 2002 10:23:09 -0700

I'm running emacs 21.2.1 on a windows box.

I use Plink that comes with Putty to ssh to unix boxes from  Emacs
shell-mode . My shell is cygwin Bash

All this works great but when I want to  abort a unix process with C-c
C-c , it kills the plink process and I am back to my bash shell on my
local box.

Is there any solution to this ? I.E How do I  break out of a unix
process and return to the unix shell prompt rather than being thrown
back to my  windows/emacs shell .

Thanks