truncating log files (fifo)

From: Joe Casadonte
Subject: truncating log files (fifo)
Date: 11 Sep 2002 14:14:57 -0400

I want to write to a log file, and have a maximum number of lines,
such that when the max is exceeded, the oldest lines (the ones at the
beginning of the file) are lopped off.  Not terribly difficult to do,
but if there's a package that does something like this already, I'd
rather not re-invent the wheel.  Does anyone know of anything?  Thanks!

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte