After cvs, emacs does not encode file correctly as dos

From: Mark Mynsted
Subject: After cvs, emacs does not encode file correctly as dos
Date: 10 Sep 2002 08:41:16 -0500

I have a file called notes.txt.  It has DOS style line endings etc.
It is stored under linux.  When I view it from Emacs all was well,
i.e. Emacs correctly identified it as a DOS file and used the dos
encoding when visiting the file.  (I need the file to have the dos
line endings, etc.)  I next started to manage the file using CVS.  Now
the only way I can get Emacs to visit the file and display the line
endings, etc, correctly is to:

C-x <RET>c dos<RET>C-x C-f ~/doc/notes.txt

Has anybody seen this behavior?  What is wrong?  Is this a CVS
problem, an Emacs problem, other?  How should I correct or mitigate
this problem?

--
-MM
I rarely read email from this address          /"\