white on black

From: giorgian
Subject: white on black
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:12:49 +0100

Hi all,

I use emacs (20) with X interface. I want a black background and white
foreground, except, of course, for highlight.
After lots of tries, the best that I have managed is to alias emacs to:

emacs -bg black -fg white

and to put in my .emacs a

(invert-face 'default)

This because if I use set-background-color and set-foreground color
instead of -bg and -fg, I get a reversed status bar, and don't know
how to fix it.

Now, I finally like how my emacs looks like, but if I use
ps-print-buffer-with-faces, it prints white on black, what I don't
want.

Is there a way to avoid the alias and to get white on black on the
screen, black on white on paper, both with highlights?

Thank you

giorgian