How to make cygwin/bash shell work in emacs

From: Roman Adar
Subject: How to make cygwin/bash shell work in emacs
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:30:22 -0700

Hi

I'm using emacs 20.7.1 on Win2K. I've also installed the Cygwin package.

Since I'm used to run the shell from emacs directly I've tried to
install and configure, using the Web isntructions how to work with the
"bash" shell within emacs.

While I'm able todo some basic stuff, I'm having problems, when each
command executed in the emacs/bash shell echoes two lines of ASCII
characters. Also I was not able to run Perl from within.

Does someone have a working .emacs file that is configured to work with
cygwin/bash.

Thanks

Roman Adar

radar@cacheware.com