Editing different files in the same emacs

From: Alfonso Acosta
Subject: Editing different files in the same emacs
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 17:04:25 +0200 (CEST)

Hi:

Every time I type "emacs <file> &" in my bash shell a
new emacs window appears . Is there a way to open a
new file as a new buffer instead of a opening a new
emacs?. I know a possibility is just to open that file
pressing C-x C-f, but I use a interpreter which, each
time an error is found in a script it opens a new
emacs window instead of going to the one is already
open.

Ive heard the existance of a thing called gnuclient
and emacsclient. How do they work? Can they help me?

Thanks:

Alfonso Acosta