Strange Iswitchb behavior

From: TT
Subject: Strange Iswitchb behavior
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:50:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I noticed that when I don't use
(iswitchb-default-keybindings) to setup iswitchb then it
doesn't work well. (I launched emacs with -q and evalled the
following lines).

    (require 'iswitchb)
    (global-set-key (kbd "C-z") 'iswitchb-buffer)

In that case the list of matching buffers is not displayed
at all when invoking iswitchb-buffer.

If I use

    (iswitchb-default-keybindings)
    (global-set-key (kbd "C-z") 'iswitchb-buffer)

then everything works fine.

Since iswitchb-default-keybindings only sets up the default
keybindings I cannot explain why the first version does not
work.

Can you?

regards,

Tom

It's GNU Emacs 20.7.2 (sparc-sun-solaris2.6, X toolkit).