psgml mode and XML namespaces

From: duffy
Subject: psgml mode and XML namespaces
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 15:20:02 +0100

Hi,

I experience confusing behavior of psgml mode (standard emacs 20.7.1) when using xml namespaces.

I explain : if I use element names as foo:bar the ":" character confuses both dtd/document validation and syntax hilighting, as if it brokes the parser.

This really causes a problem to me, as I am on a large XML project, and do not :
- accept to not use namespaces
- accept to not use emacs

If there is a trivial solution, that's the best, but I think that unfortunatly needs some lisp hack within the parser, what I'm not the best person to code :(

So, does anyone here know a workaround (config tip, even lisp hack, anything that works) that would allow me to use both namespaces and emacs a convenient way.

Thanx for any help.
duf.