Re: Anyone using framepop.el? Or hacked special-display-frames?

From: Peter S Galbraith
Subject: Re: Anyone using framepop.el? Or hacked special-display-frames?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 12:52:45 -0500

Francesco Scaglioni wrote:

> having read your initial post I dl'd framepop (which previously I had
> never heard of) and you are right : it's great.  Have you had any
> feedback from the initial post?
>
> Francesco

Two people replied:

 - Stefan Monnier was curious about what could have changed in
   Emacs-21 to break any existing code, and we exchanged a bit.

   Note that I didn't email a bug report about Emacs-21 and
   didn't want to imply that Emacs-21 was somehow broken.  To me
   it's normal that code develops and we can't expect that add-on
   packages unmaintained for 5 years will still work with a new
   version of Emacs, specially a package that plays deeply with
   internals.

 - Drew Adams sent me 320K of code spread in 13 files that does
   some of the same stuff as framepop.el.  It works for emacs-21
   but I've only had a chance to skim it so far.  Thanks Drew!
   Looks interesting.  It does alter Emacs as I know it!

I'll see if I have time to fix framepop for emacs21.  I still
like it a lot!

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada