Re: Fatal Error: cannot map libXaw3d.so

From: Need Help
Subject: Re: Fatal Error: cannot map libXaw3d.so
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:00:59 -0800 (PST)

I went ahead and linked /usr/shlib/libXaw.so to
> /usr/shlib/libXaw3D.so
This did not help. same problem.

For those reading this for the first time, error
message is:3443:./temacs: /sbin/loader: Fatal Error:
cannot map libXaw3d.so
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Hey Charles, I guess at this point I would mind if you
would give it to me in a tar format. then all I will
have to do is make install, and hope that does not die
too.

(Don't forget to CC me, since I am not a member of
emacs mailing froup)

System name, from uname -a:

OSF1 nodename.com V4.0 1229 alpha

Just downloaded a fresh copy of emacs-20.7 from
ftp.digex.net/pub/gnu/emacs/emacs-20.7.tar.gz

I am getting the very same error with ver. 20.7
In the GNU Emacs Installation Guide, Building and
installation #1)
Make sure you system has enough swapping space
allocated to handle a program whose pure code is 900k
bytes and whose data area is at least 400k and can
reach 8Mb or more. If the swapping space is
insufficient, you will get an error in the command
`temacs -batch -l loadup dump', found in
`./src/Makefile.in', or possibly when running the
final dumped Emacs.

My swapon -s info is":
Total swap allocation:
Allocated space : 263445 pages  (2058MB)
In-use space:      17664 pages  (    6%)
Available space:  245781 pages  (   93%)

And lots of disk space.