[Fwd: Using the summation operator with GLPK.]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Fwd: Using the summation operator with GLPK.]
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 13:03:55 +0300

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 20:46:36 +0000
Subject: Using the summation operator with GLPK.
To: help-glpk@gnu.org <help-glpk@gnu.org>
From: philliprusso <philliprusso@proton.me>
So from reading the documentation I guess that GLPK can read a file in and that there are a number of formats to be using. So I would like to start using GLPK in the C++ language for Ubuntu 18.0.45 LTS that I am using for the windows subsystem for linux and visual studio code.

The problem I am trying to solve is using the summation operator. In latex format it goes like this:

(For a point list P(x,y)_{n}

\sum {k=0}^{n} \alpha_{k}*x^{i}*y^{j}

The summation with the value k and permuting n times over the formula alpha of k multiplied by x to the i power multiplied by y to the j power.

This is the formula for a 2D problem for a finite element analysis coming from the book Analysis of Structures and Material Behaviors for Kindle. The number of terms is said to formulate to (n+1)(n+2)/2.

Does GLPK handle the summation operator somehow. Can I see some example of how to implement such a problem with a GLPK file format (any format that works is great) and or how to calculate this thing. The trouble I have is that with the inclusion of i and j with the summation operator I couldn't find a calculator available on the internet that can handle such a thing and also so far I have been unable to get help from anyone that knows how to. Thank You! Any type of help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.