Re: Removing Redundant Constraints in LP

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: Removing Redundant Constraints in LP
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 13:45:56 +0300

On Tue, 2022-06-14 at 09:58 +0930, Prabhu Manyem wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a retired professor in optimisation.
>
> I would like to contribute my software to the GLPK project... This is
> for removing redundant constraints in LP and obtaining a new LP where
> redundancy is much less.. I have placed all files in a directory of my
> Google drive:
>
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14dBPUaA0DuFYA0gfhz0_45AmCssXpb
> ur?usp=sharing
>
> I have written as much details as possible in the file READ_ME.txt.
>
> Hope this can be packaged into GLPK.. Please let me know how to
> proceed further.. Thank you.

Thank you for your interest in glpk.

Removing redundant constraints as well as many other transformations are
implemented in the LP/MIP preprocessor included in the glpk package.  If
you are interested in details you may read comments to the corresponding
routines (see glpk/src/npp/*.c).

Best regards,

Andrew Makhorin