Re: How hard would be to add "Indicator Constraints"

From: Chris Matrakidis
Subject: Re: How hard would be to add "Indicator Constraints"
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 16:33:59 +0300

Should be fairly easy to do when branching, to me the hard part seems to be extending the api for this in a clean way.

Best Regards,

Chris Matrakidis

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 at 16:16, Erwin Kalvelagen <erwin@amsterdamoptimization.com> wrote:

Indicator constraints can be transformed into a normal constraint using SOS1 (Special Ordered Set of type 1) variables. If the solver (like GLPK) does not have SOS1 variables you can simulate this with binary variables, but this needs some additional assumptions (some bounds for the big-M constraints). So I think it is difficult to add direct and general support for indicator constraints to GLPK.

Erwin Kalvelagen
Amsterdam Optimization Modeling Group
erwin@amsterdamoptimization.com
https://www.amsterdamoptimization.com