Re: GLPSOL in webassemby faster than native ?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: GLPSOL in webassemby faster than native ?
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 15:32:13 +0300

On Fri, 2020-09-25 at 10:04 +0200, Domingo Alvarez Duarte wrote:
> Hello Michael !
>
> Thank you for reply !
>
> I'll take into account the use of possible wider float format for
> intermediary values using something like your suggestion of
> redefinable
> type like "glp_double_t" (actually in gcc 9 in linux x86 "double_t"
> and
> "double" are equal).
>
> But also leave the possibility of have it working (somehow) with
> float32, float64, float80, float128, ... everywhere.
>
> Again help/suggestions/comments are welcome !

Changing all doubles everywhere with long ones is not needed. 64-bit
double provides about 16 decimal places that is more than sufficient in
most cases. The only place where this might be crucial is linear algebra
routines (for example, on computing scalar products). However, it would
be better to use something like BLAS for this purpose.