[Help-glpk] Is there a way to express the array element operation based

From: Yuri
Subject: [Help-glpk] Is there a way to express the array element operation based on index that is a variable?
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 16:28:19 -0700

Suppose I have these elements in the linear program:

param n := 10;

var idx, integer >= 1  <= n;

var arr{1..n};

What would be the simplest way to express arr[idx] (for example to use arr]idx] in some other statements)?

I know that this is possible. I first had "var memb{1..n}, binary;" instead of "idx", so that it expressed the array index as a boolean array instead of a single integer index, but this way it led to an unsolvable MIP instance.

Not even sure if this is a feasible way to simplify the MIP instance.

Thank you,

Yuri