[Help-glpk] [Fwd: Reading a list of values into a single element of a se

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Reading a list of values into a single element of a set]
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 09:19:46 +0300

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Kadiyala, Krishna <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 04:26:17 +0000

Hi,

I have a text file that contains two rows of information like this:

egress,clash

10

10

10

I am trying to read this data into a param clash:

set Q, dimen 1;

param clash{Q};

table data IN "CSV" "Q.txt" :

Q <- [egress], clash ;

When I display clash:

clash[2] = 10

clash[17] = 10

clash[29] = 10

If I have more than on element in the text file like so:

10 12 17

10 9 14

And I want to read an entire row as a single list into clash as in:
clash[2] = 10 12 17, is this possible?

I know that is I declare set Q with 3 dimensions instead of 1, then I
can do Q <-[ egress, egress, egress], clash

But I don’t want three dimensions for Q. I want clash to have only one
dimensioned Q but include all the elements from the row of the text
file.

In other words, I want something like this, but here Q is a set:

set Q[1,1,1] := ; # empty

set Q[1,1,2] := 1 3 4 5;

set Q[1,1,3] := 1 5;

set Q[1,1,4] := 1 3 5;

Thank you for any help! I have been trying to wrap my head around this
but I am very confused right now.

Regards,

Krishna