Re: [Help-glpk] Cross Platform IDE for mathprog development.

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Cross Platform IDE for mathprog development.
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:46:38 +0100

Hello Chris,

> Speaking of which, I wonder if there's any interest on this list of a
> plugin for the Eclipse IDE?

currently there are a few attempts to create an IDE based on some
simple editors (e.g. Gusek).

What can be done with Eclipse can be studied looking at
IBM ILOG OPL-CPLEX Developer Edition.

It contains windows with:
- project browsers (for GLPK .mod and .dat files)
- code (for GLPK GMPL)
- optimizer settings
- variable and constraint explorer
- output
- graphical display of solution development

cf.
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/websphere/images/ILOG_ModelDevelopment1.jpg

It would be great to have such a tool for GLPK. I only wonder
if there will be enough people investing the time to keep it
living.

Best regards

Xypron