Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK and MIPLIB 2003 manna81.mps

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK and MIPLIB 2003 manna81.mps
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:25:30 +0200

Hello Jen-Min,

the problem file can be found at
http://miplib.zib.de/miplib2003/manna81.php

The optimum solution is described in
http://www.dei.unipd.it/~fisch/papers/lexGomory_cuts.pdf
as
LP opt = -13297
MILP opt = -13164.

-13164 is the first integer solution found by GLPK (after 2 minutes on a rather
slow Linux server) with a gap of 1 %.

This matches a report concerning the Dash optimizer
http://www.ima.umn.edu/2004-2005/W7.25-29.05/activities/Perregaard-Michael/cbranch.ppt
manna81: solved on root with no branching.

Could You, please, identify which is the termination criterion for COIN_OR, e.g
does it simply stop if the gap is less then 1 %? Glpsol will only stop at a
much smaller gap if You do not use the command line parameter --mipgap.

Which was the optimum found by COIN_OR?

Do You get the same result on Windows: MILP opt = -13164 for gap = 1 %?

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------