[Help-glpk] Percentages...

From: Mark Frost
Subject: [Help-glpk] Percentages...
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:44:52 -0500

Greetings,

My name is Mark Frost and I'm brand new here.  I'm using GLPK's MILP
program and have a question about the log output.

Can someone please explain generally how the percentages to optimality
are calculated.  i.e. if I stop the solver at say 10% (for time
efficiency) what does that mean with respect to the optimal solution.

I possess a very strong math background but am a novice in OR related
subjects, (but am learning fast) so please excuse my question if it is
too basic.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mark

======
Mark Frost -- Professor of Economics, Finance, and Statistics
Southern Methodist University
301D Umphrey Lee Center
Dallas, TX 75275
Office 972-371-1465
"The stock market is a poor substitute for the Holy Grail."
(J. Schumpeter)