[Help-glpk] Slow MIP Problem...

From: Stefan Herbergs
Subject: [Help-glpk] Slow MIP Problem...
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:13:36 +0200

Hi folks,

I have a question regarding large MIP Problems. I have a problem with three
20 digit binary variables, which means I use 60 boolean variables to
characterise three variables from 0 to 1048575. The problems needs a very
long time to find the optimum, Although the three variables are actually the
same (I know this makes no sense. It is just for testing) and I have
equations like x1 = y1 = z1, x2 = y2 = z1, x3 = y3 = z1, ...

Is there a way to make the solving process faster (for example by telling
the solver that x1 depends on y1 and z1 before the process), because I want
to solve much bigger problems in the future...

I didn't change any solver settings yet and I use the simplex method to find
the LP optima.

Thank you very much

Stefan