help-global

Re: Why the variable 'int unused1; ' not appear in the output of 'global

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: Why the variable 'int unused1; ' not appear in the output of 'global -c' or 'global -cr'? But in the output of 'global -crs'?
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 12:54:00 +0900

Hello,
The current built-in c parser does not recognize variable definitions
as definitions.
That's for the practical reasons:

(1) It is not so easy to pick up variable definitions.
(2) There isn't much useful information in the variable definition location.

If you want to change the behavior, you can rewrite the parser.

Regards,
Shigio

--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <shigio@gnu.org>