help-global

gtags and Lua

From: DrPastah MartinScampah
Subject: gtags and Lua
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 12:47:16 -0400

Hi,

How do I get gtags working with Lua?
I'm using gtags/global on windows under git bas, i.e. mingw
`gtags --gtagslabel=ctags` and `gtags --gtagslabel=new-ctags` doesn't generate anything for Lua files
Downloaded the newest release of global from http://adoxa.altervista.org/global/ i.e. 6.6.3 for win32
Downloaded the newest release of universal ctags from https://github.com/universal-ctags/ctags-win32
I tried taking the gtags.conf from the given zip global and putting it under my /etc/ but still nothing for generating tags for Lua.

Also, does gtags give references to functions and variables? Or is it only function definitions?