help-global

defines no where to be found

From: NG
Subject: defines no where to be found
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:18:42 -0500

I just installed global and upon generating the HTML code none of the
DEFINES appear in the browser window.  I only see the file lists.
I built it for Solaris 2.7.  The build went fine for gtags and htags
with no error messages.  If I use global from the command line, for
example global -xs foo_bar, global tells me where the struct is defined
in my source tree so it seems the GTAG information is correct.  The HTAG
information seems to be incorrect.  When I start my browser  the DEFINES
section is empty.  If I load the defines.html file it is empty also.

One other piece of information which I don't know if it is related.  The
MAINS section of the browser contains this text:
Unrecognized command: `-nx'.  Try again or use 'h' for help.

The commands I typed from the command line, at the root of my source
tree were:
gtags
htags

no options were given to either since it was not clear what the option
usage was for.

Thanks,
Neal