help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] convert ggo file to man page

From: Andre Noll
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] convert ggo file to man page
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:19:04 +0200

On 11:29, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:

> >>there are already options for this :-)
> >
> >Wow :)
> >Thanks for pointing that out, and sorry for not RTFM.
>
> No problem :-)
> but does this solve the problem of cross-compiling?
> Moreover, I guess help2man expects a program name, not a simple output?

Well, it's a first step. If help2man could read from stdin
instead of insisting to call an executable to obtain its input,
the cross-compiling problem would be solved. But that's not a real
problem because one can always use a shell script wrapper like

        #!/bin/sh
        case $1 in
        --help) gengetopt --show-help < my.ggo;;
        --detailed-help) gengetopt --show-detailed-help < my.ggo;;
        esac

Best
Andre
--
The only person who always got his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe