help-flex

Re: don't want to display yyout

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: don't want to display yyout
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 22:08:09 +0200

At 13:22 -0400 2005/05/18, Aaron Jackson wrote:
On May 18, 2005, at 4:46 AM, Nicolas Peyrussie wrote:
I am using flex and don't want to see yyout as output.
The only way I found to sort it out was to redirect yyout to a file (out.txt), but I don't think it is a really good idea to do that.

Do you know if I can just say 'I don't want to see the output' in Flex ?

The flex man page says:

The scanner writes its ECHO output to the yyout global  (default,  std-
       out), which may be redefined by the user simply by assigning it to some
       other FILE pointer.

I think Flex imnplements a default rule
  .  ECHO
which can be overriden by writing