help-flex

Re: Info pages

From: Hans-Bernhard Broeker
Subject: Re: Info pages
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:49:04 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Akim Demaille wrote:

>  > On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Akim Demaille wrote:
>  >> The Flex info pages of 2.5.31 are poor:

[..]

> I'm referring to the flex.info file from Debian.

... which quite obviously is not "the info pages of 2.5.31".  It's the
apparently the one from flex-2.5.4, as evidenced by the name 'flex-old'
in your dpkg output:

> ~/src/tc % dpkg -S /usr/share/info/flex.info.gz
> flex-old: /usr/share/info/flex.info.gz

> Now, it may happen that the current CVS info pages no longer have this
> problem, but rest assured that when I mean info pages, I know what I
> mean.

OK, so you did look at an info page alright, but not at the one you said
you were (the one of 2.5.31).  Same problem in the end, just a different
way of generating it.

The info pages of flex-2.5.31 come with the sources of flex-2.5.31 itself,
of course, which is a development version.  Get yours here:

        https://sourceforge.net/projects/lex

--
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (address@hidden)