help-flex

Re: successive QUOTEDs

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: successive QUOTEDs
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:25:39 +0100

At 18:54 +0900 2003/11/07, Shimura Dai wrote:
>I was trying to extract successive QUOTEDs with flex.
>It should take 2 or more QUOTED(i.e. "something")s for one token.
>
>e.g.
>"abc" "def"   =>   "\"abc\" \"def\""
>
>Now I don't think I should use flex for this purpose.
>I think I should connect them by bison or something in stead.

It depends much on what the semantics of your parser should be: Normally,
one wants each string to be viewed as a single value in the context of a
grammar, and then it is more suitable to turn that string value over to
Bison.

So I think you should give more input (to this Flex list) what your
programming intentions are, before one can give good advice.

  Hans Aberg