Re: [h-e-w] Emacs gets font wrong at start up

From: rjd
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs gets font wrong at start up
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 16:25:32 +0000 (UTC)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz <at> gnu.org> writes:

> > From: rjd <3246251196ryan <at> gmail.com>
> > Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 14:12:38 +0000 (UTC)
> >
> > rjd <3246251196ryan <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >

> > Can reproduce ?
> >
> > windows 7 64,
> > emacs 24.3.1
> > TTF Font: http://www.fontsaddict.com/font/topaz-8.html
> > double click the ttf icon, click install.
>
> It's a bad font: it has no OpenType tables and does not provide
> information about the Unicode ranges of characters it supports.  Emacs
> will not use such a font.
>
> Why do you want to use it?  It only supports 255 characters, which is
> not useful by today's standards.

But emacs does the font if I manually select it from the Set Font menu as
described above. If I could convert those steps in to some lisp then perhaps
I can just hack those functions in at the beginning so it loads up.

I have the font working now when I look at emacs and so far at work I have
never encountered a character that it cannot handle.

Cheers