Re: [h-e-w] Hunsepll in Emacs - charset error for Swedish dictionary

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Hunsepll in Emacs - charset error for Swedish dictionary
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 18:06:03 +0300

> From: arthur <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 03:58:31 +0000 (UTC)
>
> I have finally managaed to get Emacs + Hunspell to work on Windows (should a
> spellchecker really be this difficult to get up running????).

I will try to answer that question on emacs-devel (FWIW, I didn't have
such hard time setting up hunspell).

> It works fine for american enligsh dictionary (en_US), but I can't get it to
> work for swedish.
>
> I am getting "Ispell and its process have different character maps" all the
> time.
>
> I am sure dictionary is in iso-8859-1 encoding as well as my buffer,

Try using utf-8 instead of iso-8859-1.  I don't think the encoding of
the dictionary matters (hunspell will convert if needed).  You should
try using utf-8 with hunspell by default.

(Btw: where did you get that Swedish dictionary?)