Re: [h-e-w] Printing - At Wit's End

From: Michael Flynn
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Printing - At Wit's End
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:45:04 -0700

All,
Thanks for the help so far.

I changed the location of Ghostscript to C:\Ghostscript\gs905\32bit  and tried

C:\GHOSTS~1\GS905\32BIT

for the path, but no luck.

In other apps, if I select PDF as the printer, I'm prompted to save
the file as a .pdf and then Adobe Acrobat converts the file to PDF
form, saves it,  and it is opened in Adobe Acrobat.  While it is doing
the creating there is a progress bar.

When trying to ps-print-buffer from emacs, if I select PDF from the
printer list, it asks where I want to save the pdf file.  Then the
progress dialog shows up, shows a little progress then just stops.

In all cases, in *Messages* "Printing..." is written, then immediately
"Done" is appended.   Emacs seems to think the print job has finished
before it really has time to do anything.

It is as if emacs is calling gswin32c.exe or gswin64c.exe  but after
starting to communicate with the printer (driver) it kills off the
child process that gswin32.c is running in.   It is definitely getting
something started because the PDF converter and the HP printer utility
are indicating that they have been stimulated.

Is there perhaps some temporary working directory I need to specify
for ghostscript?
Do I need to change the way emacs starts a sub-process?

Mike

--
Michael Flynn
Attorney at Law

The information and any attachments contained in this email
message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
think that you may have received this email message in
error, please notify the sender at the email address above.
If you have received this email in error, you are instructed
to delete all copies and discard any printouts without
reading the information contained within.

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure:  To ensure compliance with requirements
imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice
contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose
of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii)
promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any
transaction or matter addressed herein.