Re: [h-e-w] EMACSW32 and Windows 7 Win+Arrow Shortcuts

From: Drew Adams
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EMACSW32 and Windows 7 Win+Arrow Shortcuts
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 11:49:24 -0700

> Just so you know, there are official Windows builds (even "weekly
> nightlies") available.  The Windows keys work there.

To add to what Deniz said (and not to take anything away from Lennart's
EmacsW32):

To "install" any of those GNU builds, just download the zip file, unzip it, then
create a Windows shortcut to .../bin/runemacs.exe (or to emacsclient.exe or to
emacs.exe, depending on what you want).

E.g., if you unzipped and put the subdirs in directory c:\Emacs-24, then create
a shortcut to c:\Emacs-24\bin\runemacs.exe.

FWIW, I use this in the shortcut, to start out with Dired (in directory
C:\my-dir):

Target:   c:\Emacs-24\bin\runemacs.exe --debug-int "C:\my-dir"
Start in: C:\my-dir

(But I am not aware of any GNU "nightly" Windows builds, and the "weekly" builds
have been more like monthly lately.)