Re: [h-e-w] Emacs gdb interface

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs gdb interface
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 21:09:52 +0100

> If you add the newline, the output appears at the end, but not in the
> input/output buffer.
>
> If there's no newline, I wouldn't expect the output to appear at all,
> in such a short program, since standard output redirected to pipes is
> fully-buffered on Windows, not line-buffered as on Posix systems.

Ok, I understand that Emacs can't show the output until it is flushed,
but when it is, as (for example) in this case:

-------- main.c -------------
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
   printf("hello, world!\n");
   fflush(stdout);
   return 0;
}

The output should not be shown in the *gud* buffer (as happens now),
but in the *input/output* one, no?  If not, what's that *input/output*
buffer for?

--
Dani Moncayo