Re: [h-e-w] c:/.emacs.d/server' is unsafe

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] c:/.emacs.d/server' is unsafe
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 10:27:03 +0200

> Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:17:32 +0100
> From: "Gamoto" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "help-emacs-windows" <address@hidden>
>
> a) With emacsclient.exe I have an error but too short for reading it in a
> shell.
> b) With emacsclientw.exe I have the following error:
> No socket  or alternate editor. Please use:
> --server file     or EMACS_SERVER_FILE
> --alternate editor or   ALTERNATE_EDITOR
> Why ?  Normal for you ?

Try typing these two commands:

  M-x server-force-delete RET
  M-x server-start RET

then try again double-clicking on an Erlang file and see if the
problem is solved.  If it is solved, then we can conclude that
something is wrong with how you start the server.

> c) the last line of my .emacs file is (server-start) : is it correct ?

The line "(server-start)" is correct, that is how I start the server
in my .emacs.

> d) how can I know that an emacs server is running, there is no service !

Type "M-: server-process RET", if it says "#<process server>", then
the server is running, if it says "nil", then the server is not
running.