Re: [h-e-w] Re: [windows Q] `emacs here' like windows power tool `cmdpro

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: [windows Q] `emacs here' like windows power tool `cmdprompt here'
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:21:50 -0500

I used to have a setup similar to what Eli is suggesting under
Windows 98.  (I also had it set up so that, if the OS did not
recognize a file extension or if it was blank, then opening such
a file always sent it to emacsclient (or the then functional
equivalent).)  (Alas, I have not gotten around to trying to set
up something similar under Windows XP.)  I think that these
capabilities are so useful that it would be good idea to provide
support for setting this up in the Win32 installer.  Lennart, are
you listening?

Regards,
 David V.

PS - I do think the thing to use is emacsclient as opposed to
runemacs, as emacsclient will invoke runemacs anyway if emacs is
not already running.  I'd also use the no-wait option.

----- Original Message ----- From: Eli Daniel