Re: [h-e-w] Re: emacsclientw.exe bug: random exit status

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: emacsclientw.exe bug: random exit status
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:16:16 +0200

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 09:28, Kai Tetzlaff <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> An even better
>> option would be to get (some of) the fixes/add-ons integrated in GNU
>> emacs. But i guess you tried that already ;-).
>
> If by "tried that" you mean "sent patches against the current
> repository code, with detailed ChangeLog entries, and that do not
> consist in replacing emacsclient.c wholesale", then I think no, he
> didn't...

Hi Juanma,

For most of the changes I have in Emacs+EmacsW32 I think I have sent
patches, but maybe not for the current version of emacsclient.

You and I made a try to merge my changes to emacsclient, but it was
complicated and at that time there were also some problems with
emacsclient. However I restructured emacsclient to break out the w32
specific code so that it would be easier. Maybe we should make another
try?